We are very proud of our achievements in PE and sport, having achieved the Sainsbury’s School Games Mark awards for our commitment, engagement and delivery of competitive school sport over the years:
The Government has provided additional funding to improve the provision of Physical Education (PE) and Sport in primary schools. Every primary school receives a block amount plus an additional sum based on the number of pupils on roll. The money must be spent on improving PE and sport provision and schools are free to determine how best to use the funding, but must work towards:
- improving the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision (both in the curriculum and extra curriculum);
- increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils have an opportunity to take part;
- developing healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
The PE and Sport Premium provides an excellent opportunity for the school to further improve its PE provision and to do so in the wider context of the Bury Schools Partnership, fully utilising the skills and experience across the group of schools.
School Vision and Aims
At Hardwick Primary we pride ourselves with providing inspirational opportunities to make learning both enjoyable and memorable.
Through the delivery of high quality PE and an increased level of sports available for the children to participate in out of school hours, every child will leave our school enthused, motivated and inspired to continue participating in sports.
Through our commitment to the use of PE and Sport funding we aim to:
- provide opportunities for all children to develop an enjoyment and enthusiasm for PE and sport both in school and out of school, as part of their everyday lives
- teach the skills necessary to play a variety of sports and enable children to learn how play as part of a team and be an effective team member
- teach children the benefits of healthy competition and how to win and lose graciously
- enable all children to understand the importance of the long-term health benefits associated with physical activity
- instil and inspire a lifelong interest in physical activity and sport
- enable the sustained delivery of an excellent standard of PE
In order for Hardwick Primary to achieve and maintain our vision we will focus on the following areas:
- Pupils have high quality PE lessons in school
- Pupils have access to a planned programme of high quality intra and inter-school sports competitions across the year. School Games Mark level achieved.
- Access to coaching and specialist teachers and sports leaders from secondary schools.
- PE Leader attends School Games and Trust meetings and plans and co-ordinates activities alongside sports co-ordinator/school games coordinator.
- Planning and delivery of PE across the school is of consistently high quality, through up-skilled staff and the pupil’s skills will be developed to a higher standard.
- Through Sport coaches we deliver clubs to increase the level of participation by the pupils in sports and keeping active and healthy related activities.
- Increase structured physical activity during school and at playtimes and lunchtimes.
- Encourage more participation at the school football club
- Improve pupils’ mental health and wellbeing through being outdoors, through gardening
- Provide Forest School sessions to improve pupils’ mental health and being active
- Ensure pupils can enjoy cycling and be safe cyclists
- Ensure pupils can meet the DfE’s swimming requirements by the end of Year 6
- Provide outdoor physical activities for EYFS
- Provide various outdoor physical activities for targeted year groups to raise interests and participation
- Highlight the importance of physical activity and healthy living