We are very proud of our achievements in PE and sport, having achieved the following Sainsbury’s School Games Mark awards for our commitment, engagement and delivery of competitive school sport over the years:
2013/14: Bronze award
2014/15: Gold award
2015/16: Gold Award
2016/17: Silver Award
2017/18: Silver award
2018/19: Bronze award
The Government has provided additional funding to improve the provision of Physical Education (PE) and Sport in primary schools. Every primary school receives a block amount plus an additional sum based on the number of pupils on roll. The money must be spent on improving PE and sport provision and schools are free to determine how best to use the funding, but must work towards:
- improving the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision (both in the curriculum and extra curriculum);
- increasing participation in PE and sport so that all pupils have an opportunity to take part;
- developing healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
The PE and Sport Premium provides an excellent opportunity for the school to further improve its PE provision and to do so in the wider context of the Bury Schools Partnership, fully utilising the skills and experience across the group of schools.
School Vision and Aims
At Hardwick Primary we pride ourselves with providing inspirational opportunities to make learning both enjoyable and memorable.
Through our commitment to the use of PE and Sport funding we aim to:
- provide opportunities for all children to develop an enjoyment and enthusiasm for PE and sport both in school and out of school, as part of their everyday lives
- teach the skills necessary to play a variety of sports and enable children to learn how play as part of a team and be an effective team member
- teach children the benefits of healthy competition and how to win and lose graciously
- enable all children to understand the importance of the long-term health benefits associated with physical activity
- instil and inspire a lifelong interest in physical activity and sport
- enable the sustained delivery of an excellent standard of PE
In order for Hardwick Primary to achieve and maintain our vision we will focus on the following areas:
- continue to be an active member of the Bury Schools Partnership (sporting partnership)
- enable the children to experience a wider range of sports
- increase the subject knowledge of all teaching staff
- increase the school’s participation in sports competitions
- monitor the teaching of PE to ensure it is of a high quality
- obtain pupil, staff and parent feedback regarding PE opportunities in and out of school hours
- develop the school grounds to maximise the opportunity for PE and sporting activity
Click here to see our PE & Sport Premium action plan for 2019/20.
Click here to see our PE & Sport Premium impact report for 2018/19.